Kansas City, Missouri
Are you an analytical person that loves to problem solve and look for the next best thing? The chemist will be responsible for developing research and testing processes to support the development of new products, raw materials and application processes. This proactive, detail-oriented chemist will need to have the drive to master and complete projects in a team environment. Growth and learning in a state-of-the-art laboratory at Tnemec is one of the pluses, there are many more. Tnemec, an almost 100-year-old company, is on the cutting edge of technology in the paint and coverings business.
Guide projects and project teams in the development of new products and/or the improvement of standard products and processes.
Perform professional work in research, development, and analysis of processes. Develop or investigate new products, raw materials, and processes to find answers to the market needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
Listed below are the primary duties that will be performed.
- Research and discuss with suppliers the potential use of specific raw materials.
- Organize and formulate products for thorough evaluation.
- Prioritize projects within the need, resources, and time constraints.
- Operate the laboratory equipment and train others in its use.
- Manufacture lab formulations and prepare panels for testing.
- Perform any required tests for determination of chemical or physical properties.
- Solicit outside resources for unique test requirements.
- Author and input master formulations.
- Establish all Q.C. specifications for the new products.
- Write technical reports, project updates, and technical bulletins.
- Maintain accurate records and certify that accurate records are kept by the technician.
- Lead new product development teams through the final release of a new product.
- Maintain the laboratory area and reinforce the need for maintenance, cleanliness, and safety.
- Respond to specific and unusual requests from Product Development's customers.
- Other duties as assigned by leadership.
Internal and External Relationships
The following are the titles of individuals/departments with whom this position frequently interacts, inside and outside the Company.
Knowledge and Experience
Ability to work individually and as a team member.
Knowledge and experience in paint or coverings is a plus.
Ability to lift up to 40 pounds occasionally.
Education and Training
Listed below are mandatory and desired educational requirements for this position.
Requires a college degree in Chemistry
Hazardous, Safety and Environmental Factors
All associates will receive an extensive level of training in hazardous and safety precautions & procedures relevant to their positions and locations.
Tnemec Company, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Director of Human ResourcesContact